Proxy Setting of Each Browser Explained in Details
Are you looking for a way to hide all the activities that you are performing on the web from the prying eyes? Or are you blocked to visit some specific pages or websites in your school, office or country? There is something that can help you get out of this trouble and even give you all that you need. That is anonymity and privacy.
For this, you would need to get a proxy server and add the proxy setting to your browser. And why this? Well, it is a technology that lets you bypass all the blocking with a mask. And once you get the proxy server, all you need is to add the Proxy setting to the browser you use.
Confused? Well, let us talk about this in details. First, we would discuss what a proxy server is and then how to add the proxy setting in Chrome, Firefox or any other browser. You can do the same for your Android as well.
What is a Proxy Server & Proxy Setting?
A proxy server is an intermediate by which a request made by a system is processed and fulfilled. It basically acts as a hub. If you put in the proxy setting for Android or any other device browser, you get connected to it. After connecting to the proxy server, the device would be able to send requests to the proxy server, which then processes the request and sends the response back. Through this method, it behaves as an intermediate between the Internet Server and your system.
There are a lot of reasons why a proxy is used and some of them are to offer anonymity when browsing on the Internet, to bypass the restrictions such as the country blocked websites, parental controls, restricted uploads and downloads, and also to filter the web content. It is most commonly used for bypassing the restrictions and for the anonymity. If you are here, you want something related to this and you can find out how to add the proxy setting to your browser and make it anonymous.
With this, you would have also understood that the proxy setting is the settings of the proxy server that has to be installed or added to the device or application used to connect to the Internet. Without adding it, the proxy server would not work and give the services you are looking for. There are many types of proxy servers which are both free and paid. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. You would need to find out about each before you decide which one to use. This is since each has its own properties.
Why Use the Proxy Server & Add the Proxy Setting in Chrome?
In case you want to surf the web without anyone knowing what you are looking for or doing, a proxy server can help you. And this is called anonymity. The proxy would help you hide your IP address by giving you another one to show as if you were in some other place. That is, your home IP address would not be seen. Another IP address that the proxy shows would be seen.
This would give you all the privacy you ever wanted. It would give you more privacy compared to when you are connected directly to the Internet. You can choose the one that you want depending on your needs and budget. Now, we would talk about the proxy settings in Firefox, Chrome, and other browsers as well.
Internet Explorer Proxy Setting in Windows 10 and others
The proxy setting for android having Internet Explorer would be the same as the computer or laptop. The steps have been explained below in details:
- Select the menu of the tools in the browser. It can either be the gear icon that is on the upper-right corner of the window or it can be on the standard menu bar. This depends on the version of the application.
- Choose the Internet Option that would be at the end of the menu.
- In the tab saying Connections, go to the LAN settings to open another dialog box with more settings.
- You would need to enable the settings for adding the proxy setting by unchecking the “Automatically detect settings” option there.
- Add in all the data of the proxy server in the given space. This would include the hostname and the IP address.
- After you are done with this, select the Okay option and then restart the application for the changes to take place.
- Note: This setting would remain the same for all the other applications that would connect to the Internet.
- In case you are done with the proxy setting in Windows 10 and you want to get it back like before, follow the same steps from the start and select the Automatically detect settings option instead of the manual one.
Proxy Setting for Chrome
The steps to put the proxy setting in your Chrome browser has been shared below in details:
- Select the Menu button of Chrome. It is on the upper-right of the application window. The design of the option is 3 horizontal dots or bars.
- Go to the Settings option, to open a new tab where you would find another option with the advanced settings. This can be seen at the end of the page.
- Choose the option that allows you to change the settings of the proxy. It is a button that is in the section named “Network” in the advanced settings page. After you have selected this, it would open the Internet Properties dialog box.
- Note: Altering the proxy setting in Chrome would change the overall settings of the connections to your computer. And if you use any other application to connect to it, it would use the proxy setting you added. If you do not want it this way, you would have to download the extension for Chrome like the Proxy Helper or the ProxySwitchSharp.
- Select the LAN settings and then go to the Proxy server part of the window. You would have to select the manual settings and uncheck the automatic one so that you can add the details in the provided space for the Proxy setting for Windows 10 or any other operating system.
- Add all the data that you got from the proxy service provider, like the host and the IP address that you would connect to. Select the Okay option to get it finished.
- If you are done using the proxy setting and want it to get back to normal, you can go back the same way as above and select the Automatically detect settings option.
Proxy Setting in Firefox
The steps for applying the Proxy setting in Firefox are mentioned below in details:
- In the Firefox menu that is on the Upper left corner of the window, select Options.
- Choose the Advanced options for the proxy setting. This is at the upper side of the box on the right.
- Go to the Tab that says Network and then goes to the settings at the upper part of the page. It would be seen in the section that says “Connections.”
- Select the option that allows you to add the settings manually. You would have to choose the option that says “Manual proxy configuration” to enable it. Now that the text fields can be filled with information, add the proxy information in it accordingly.
- You would have to add the IP address and the Host address for it to work. You would get these details from the place you buy or get the proxy setting for Windows 10 or any other system.
- For the proxy setting to be filled in right, put the address or domain in the HTTP field. This is the proxy IP address that you are adding here. If you find it necessary, you can set the port as well.
- In case you wish to connect to a different kind of proxy for the SLL or the FTP. You would need to enter the data in the place provided if you have got it and want to connect to it.
- Else, you can select the option to use the same server for all the protocols so that all the traffic that comes in the Firefox, would come through the proxy.
- Keep this in mind that this proxy setting is only for the Firefox browser and not for the other ones. They would use the normal connection that you have showing your real identity.
- Select the Okay option to save the settings you just added in the browser. It would be better to restart the application so that the settings can get to work.
- Note: The proxy setting for Android that has a Firefox browser is the same as it is for the computer. There might be a slight difference due to the version or the system it is installed on. You would need to smart to understand it, though the settings are pretty straightforward.
Opera Proxy Setting for Android & PC
Opera is a very famous and old browser that was used in every mobile phone as well as PC for many years now. Here are the steps to add the proxy settings to the Opera Browser:
- There would be an Opera button that would have a menu from which you can select the Settings and then the Preferences options from there.
- Select the tab that says Advanced in the Preferences box and then go to the Proxy Server.
- Select this option to go to a new window where you can add the proxy setting easily.
- Choose the manual settings option and select the protocols that you want to be affected by the proxy server. The common ones are HTTP and HTTPS. You can select the ones that you want, or you can select the option where it allows the settings for all the protocols.
- Type all the data for the proxy setting like the IP address and the hostname. The select the Okay option and then restart the browser to let the changes take effect.
- If you want to get the settings back to normal, use the same steps to get to the proxy settings and then select Use the Automatic configuration.
Safari Proxy Setting
All the settings that have been discussed were all for the Windows operating system. So, what happens to you have a Mac? The settings for the Safari browser has also been explained below:
- Select the menu of Safari and the go to Preferences. You would come across an option that says advanced option on the right side of the toolbar.
- To change the settings, select the proxies’ change settings option. You would be directed to another section that would have the system preferences screen on.
- Note: If you change the proxy setting of Safari, it would affect all the other applications traffic in the device.
- Choose the active network connection that is on the left side of the window. To know if the connection is active, you can look for the green mark that is next to it.
- Select the Advanced option and then go to the Proxies part of it.
- Choose the type of proxy that you are about to add data about. For instance, the most common one is the secure web proxy.
- Note: Ensure that the Automatic Proxy Detection is not selected.
- Enter the proxy setting in the spaces provided and then select Okay. You would need to add the IP address and the host. If you need a password for the proxy, you can select it and then add it in.
- After the settings have been added to it, you would have to restart it to get the settings to work.
- If you are done with using the proxy setting, you can use the same steps to come back and remove the settings. You would need to uncheck the web proxy box, to get it back to normal.
Now that you know how to add the proxy setting for each type of Browser, take the help of Local Proxies and get your package of the best proxy servers at affordable rates or even for free. Visit https://www.localproxies.com/ today!